Thursday, February 4, 2010

Toilet


Ahh, the toilet! So fun, so exciting, so big shiny and white. Sitting there all alone in the forbidden bathroom. Begging, willing, yearning to be used. To the untrained eye it looks normal, not too unusual, but to the sharp keenness of a toddler the toilet is a magical place! A place that yearns to be discovered, aches for attention, starving for a visitor. Its water glistening, waiting, calling out to be touched.


Today, the toilet was all that and more. Today I awoke to giggling and splashing noises coming from...the BATHROOM! I sat strait up in bed..."ohhh NOO!!!" I screamed to my self! If I could have teleported my self there that wouldn't have gotten me there any faster than I did in that single moment. What I saw next will haunt me for life! What I saw next I will Smother my husband for when he comes home. What I saw next should have NEVER of happened!


As I flew into the bathroom, there she was. Standing at the toilet, smiling ear to ear welcoming me with a joyous "MOMMY!" I stood there, froze with fear. Thinking to my self for a quick second which felt like an eternity. "Amie, Yuck, icky" I finally said and I slowly moved over to her, hands out in front of me in a non threatening manner. Then I noticed it. The water was not clear, it was a nice shade of yellow! "ARRRGGG!" I belted out. I swooped Amie up to the sink and began thoroughly washing her hands, with lots of extra soap. Why oh why?? Does this sort of thing only happen to me??


I know my husband was just trying to be courteous by being extra quiet in the morning, and I really do appreciate it. However, when trying to be courteous it is also important to put the toilet seat down. Let this be a lesson to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment