Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sweet Mornings Gone Wrong


This morning I woke up to a cheerful little voice happily saying "Hello Mommy!" her little hand softly caressing gently down the side of my right cheek. I opened my eyes and there she was, beautiful. Her big blue eyes looking deep into mine; I could get lost in them for days! When I look at her I see straight into her soul, so innocent, fresh, untainted and sweet. She smiles at me just like her father, her goofy grin and her chipped teeth from gnawing on the side of her crib when she was younger. She lays her head on my elbow, eyes still looking deep into mine. Her hand still gently caressing down the side of my face. I love how this feels. I love her soft hands, I smile back at her and softly say, "Morning baby". We lay there for a while, looking at each other, at one point she leans over to me and kisses me sweetly on the lips then rubs her little nose against mine. I softly run my hand threw her hair, and down the soft skin on her arm to her fingers. She looks at me and smiles, "tickles mommy" she giggles. She scooched even closer to me, her eyes mesh and become one big blue eye. Our noses touching. She pauses. I wait for a kiss, but instead she sticks out her tongue at me and laughs. I can't help but laugh too. As we lay there we even sing a few songs quietly. She has really become such a beautiful singer, I think to my self, "when did this happen??" Suddenly she pops up and urges me to ,"Get up Mommy, Get up Mommy!" So I sluggishly roll myself out of bed as she joyously bounces out of my bed, ready to start the day.


The day started out well enough, she was a great helper today. She did her everyday morning chores of feeding the dog, and giving the her, her daily treat with her pill inside (helps Daisy control her bladder). She then continues to help me sweep the floor by holding the dust pan for me and dumping the "icky yuckies" into the trash. After that was finished she happily ran around the house picking up all her toys while I finished the dishes up in the kitchen. Days like this just don't happen enough, I think to myself. Then we both get out our vacuums and clean the floors. In no time the house is clean, and Amie was beaming with pride!


When it was time to brush her teeth, she sat down on the floor like she normally does (I do not allow walking or running with the toothbrush in her mouth). Today she decided to brake that rule. So after giving her, her first warning I took the tooth brush way and told her, "All done". Normally this would be no big deal, but today it was a GREAT BIG deal! She threw her self on the floor screaming. "Toooth Brushhh!" She hollered at me, "Amie, tooth brush!". I calmly look at her and reminded her that she was all done. She then stood up and through herself at me screaming and crying. So I peeled my self away from her and walked away, she can throw her fit, that's fine. As I left the room she followed me throwing herself onto the floor every couple of feet. Screaming and crying, then standing up stamping her feet flailing her arms around like she was having convulsions, then trowing herself on to the floor again. She followed me around the house doing this. I turned away from her hiding my face in my hands and arms trying not to let her see me laughing at her. This is one of the funniest things I have ever seen her do! This crazy behavior lasted several minutes till all of a sudden she just stopped. It was done. The fit was over. She then began to play with her toys as if nothing ever happened. I peeped at her from around the corner smiling, thinking to myself, "what in the world just happened?". Children, I wish I could know just for one second what was going though her head. I wish I got it on tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment