Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Bliss


Bliss is opening your eyes for the first time in the morning and seeing the sunshine shinning through the windows, and you pause and listen for a quick second and ... quiet. No pitter patter of little feet, no screaming, no giggling, no little voice, quiet. Ahh this is bliss. More often than not, bliss is very short lived. Maybe like a second or two, but today my bliss lasted all day!Bliss is hearing the squeak of the door nob turning in a certain little girls room. Quiet. Then a soft thud as the door hits the wall as it is opened. Quiet. Thumpity thumpity thump thud little feet hurrying down the hallway. Quiet. Another squeak as the door nob is turning, my heart starts to race and a smile forms across my face, I pull the covers over my head and wait. Thud! The door hits the wall as it is flung open in excitement, "MOMMY!" her voice so electrifying that my heart beats faster in anticipation. I can feel her at the foot of my bed now climbing up, but she pauses. "MOMMY!" Bliss is when she rips the blanket from my head and there she is smiling, sweet, happy, and my heart races on as she throws herself on top of me and gives me the biggest and best hug EVER!


Bliss is sitting on the floor with a vibrant little girl with a smile that never quits. Holding your face in her hands so gently, her face so close to yours you can feel her soft warm breath. Bliss is the anticipation you feel right before she kisses softly on the right cheek and then the left. My heart swells with warmth, I have a smile from ear to ear.


Bliss is holding a little hand in yours while dancing to the chicken dance on full blast in the middle of the living room. Bliss is watching your boisterous daughter bust a groove and pull out dance moves that would shame even the best and most distinguished dancers! Bliss, happiness, ecstasy, euphoria, heaven; all reasons why I stay at home with my daughter. Sometimes they are forgotten covered up with anger, screams, whining, and cries. But as quick as all of those things come, they go, and these are the moments I savor the most, today is....


BLISS

No comments:

Post a Comment