Friday, April 16, 2010

The Forgotten


When your child is sick you quickly forget their typical everyday personalities. All you can seem to think of or remember is the non stop crying and whining, and the pulling on your leg with the need to constantly be held. Its like your memory of that once sweet and vibrant child has been quickly been replaced with a monster that terrorizes you at all hours of the night and wee hours of the morning. You go to bed dreading the morning and you wake up dreading the evening, you're constantly living in fear of your child and for your child. I lay in bed at night clinging to they happy memories that haven't been vanquished by the untamed beast lay sleeping so lightly two doors down. I lay there completely still, unmoving. One wrong breath or if you blink your eyes to fast it may wake up and storm your room with anger and vengeance. Daggers gouging from its eyes and fire forcefully shooting from it's mouth. So I lay there still, hoping, praying that tonight the beast lay silent in a deep sleep and tomorrow my little girl is the one that opens her bedroom door.


Lucky for me this morning Amie was the one that opened the bedroom door and skipped happily to my bedside this morning. Oh how I have missed her sweet songs, her giggles, and her smiles. Today she actually played all on her own, she no longer needed mommy. I am happy about that, but a little sad too that she no longer wants to cuddle and give me hugs. She is happy now, she feels better now. How quickly we remember all that we have forgotten about or little ones. You know, when I think about it I don't think that we truly forget, I think those memories have just been misplaced!

No comments:

Post a Comment