Thursday, January 28, 2010

Now how did this happen??


I wasn't always a stay at home mom, I used to have a "Real Job". I taught Preschool and I was damn good at it too! There was a point that I loved my job, but as quickly as I loved it, I hated it! All of a sudden there was something inside of me missing, something pulling me away from the path that I had chosen for myself. I was a zombie at work, going through the motions. Doing things because I had too, not because I wanted too. I was tired of spending all my energy on other peoples children, and ignoring my own child begging for my attention, screaming to play! I hated myself. I resented my poor husband, who thought I was happy, while all the while I thought to my self "he should have known!". One day after work I just couldn't do it any more, I couldn't give my time, my love, my devotion to other children who unfortunatly I couldn't stand! I couldn't put my daughter on the back burner anymore! I couldnt put my happiness and sanity on the back burner any more! It was time. So I came home one night, in tears, tierd, broken, and pissed off and told my husband everything. He looked at me with loving eyes and said....


"Then stay Home."


No comments:

Post a Comment